Thursday, May 2, 2013

FIFO a lifestyle of extremes

My husband took on a FIFO job a few months ago. Even after a few months I'm not sure what I really think of the lifestyle. It has been made harder or easier, depending on how I look at it, by the fact that I'm still attempting to work part time. Harder because there is so much more for me to do and less downtime but also easier because I don't have time to dwell on his absence. What I can conclude though is that it is a lifestyle of extremes. Huge highs when we are all home together for the longer periods of time, especially when my husband and boy get to spend so much more quality time together, and lows when the boy and I are sick and someone to look after us both would have been awesome.
So far I think the positives have outweighed the negatives but the jury is still out...

No comments:

Post a Comment