Saturday, January 11, 2014

sea beanie a success!

Sea beanie with Bartok
I embarked on what felt like a rather ambitious project early in December and to my surprise the cables became easier and I finished it last night! Didn't take as long as I'd expected and once I got used to the cables I really started to make progress!
I had been looking for a project that had a nice pattern for a beanie that would suit our alpaca yarn. After some searching I settled on Sea Beanie by Elena Nodel. I really wanted to make it in Tux's cria yarn for Andrew but I only have a very small quantity of it so decided to test the pattern out in Julie in a size for me. Success!
Needless to say… I have already cast on the stitches to start Andrew's hat in Tux's yarn!

Sea beanie made in adagio alpacas Julie yarn

No comments:

Post a Comment